Welcome to the Market[ing] Together podcast!
I'm so glad you're here.
In today's episode you’ll learn:
→ How to embrace a partner-led approach to marketing
→ How to help your marketing team shift to be more partner-focused
→ How partner-led marketing has evolved
Partner up on content to drive results
Marketing teams came to realize... Maybe we could do something with partners. Whether it's a case study or a co-sponsored event or a webinar or something, we can drive that with partners. – Cory Snyder, VP of Partnerships at Sendoso.
How to start changing your marketing mindset
- Start seeing marketing as an extension of the partner team.
- Start building relationships from the bottom-up, instead of the top-down.
- Don't neglect the sales team - help the AEs win, and you'll get buy-in on partnerships.
- Bring partners into everything. Hold a happy hour together. Split event costs with a partner, or blog with partners.
- Use third parties to help generate more content.
- It's not about getting credit; it's about driving revenue.
- Join leadership meetings – try to understand how you can help others in your org win.
- Create raving fans through goodwill!
Watch or listen to the full episode
When you work with partners, you can get more done. Partners help fill the gaps financially and increase your reach.
But partnering is about more than just increasing your ROI.
Partnering is a more human way to do business. And it's a heck of a lot more fun too!
You get to learn from other people and gain new perspectives.
Last week, I spoke with Nick Capozzi about how to use video to become more relatable. I think my conversation with Cory touches on some of those same themes about building trust and making yourself relatable.
People buy from people. Partnering up on content marketing humanizes your brand.
Your customers see that you're not just a marketing machine. When you build relationships with others, you build trust, and customers see that.
And what's there to lose? Run an experiment. Partner up and see how it goes.
(What do you think? Share your thoughts on LinkedIn and tag me!)
Until next time!
P.S. If you want to, share the episode with your teammates and stakeholders!