Systems that exchange, change
The curious task of ecosystems is to demonstrate how little humans know about what they imagine they can design.
Rather than living and learning from the natural ebbs and flows of the ecosystem, we tend to think we can control it and model it from the top down.
But ecosystems can't be controlled from the top down. They are living, breathing organic systems – systems that are never static.
As these systems exchange, they change – generally for the better.
Complex models constructed by experts don't usually hold up so well. Just look at the models of inflation lately. The models got it wrong.
Instead of thinking you know all the answers, start living in the market.
Start operating in a world where ecosystems of communities and partnerships govern your next move. That's the market. That's the field of study.
Unlikely book recs
One of my favorite books is The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday. I like it because it's an extremely simple description of how the path of most resistance is the one with the most growth and the one that we should go on.
I discovered the book by being in a pivotal moment in my life and wanted a change. It felt like reading it would be a healthy challenge and good exposure to discomfort.
It completely flipped my entire idea of wanting to be comfortable. Now, I want to lean in and become better at mastering difficult tasks. I used to be more likely to give up or go back to easy things that I enjoy.
In partnerships, there are going to be hard, uncomfortable moments, especially when you need to take lead.
It's easier not to take the lead or guide the interaction. But that's not how partnerships work.
You have to be intentional, you have to show up, you have to be consistent, and you have to face discomfort.
This book helps to set the foundation for that.
Who are the best partner led people?
Last week, we announced the Official Nominees for the PL[X] Awards coming to our PL[X] Summit in November 2022!
The PL[X] Awards honor and celebrate the best partner led leaders in their departments.
The winners will be announced live at the PL[X] Summit November 7 – 11, 2022
These are the Official PL[X] Award Nominee lists:
- The Official 2022 Nominees for Partner Led Startup of the Year
- The Official 2022 Nominees for Partner Led Product Leader of the Year
- The Official 2022 Nominees for Partner Led Marketer of the Year
- The Official 2022 Nominees for Partner Led Sales Leader of the Year
- The Official 2022 Nominees for Partner Led Success Leader of the Year
- Today is the last day to apply for Firneo's upcoming cohort of the 8-week partnerships professionals course (which starts October 16th). You'll shave ten years off of your partnerships learning curve by enrolling.
- October 12 - 13, 2022 - RevCon - Come together with the sales, marketing, revops, and cs leaders behind the future of SaaS.
- October 19 - 21, 2022 - ImpartnerCON - Our CEO Jared Fuller will be speaking.
- November 3, 2022 - Crossbeam Connector Summit
- November 7 -11, 2022 - PL[X] Summit, the world’s largest B2B SaaS partnerships event ever!
Meme of the Day
Share the PhD
Know someone who needs to get their PhD in partnerships? Send ‘em this newsletter.