Join us this Friday, December 2nd at 10 am ET (4 pm France/Germany, 3 pm UK) for our First Friday event: The European Partner Moment!
First Fridays are a time to kick back, sip a drink, ask questions, have fun, and learn from other partner pros in B2B SaaS.
We hope to see you there! Register here.
Lead with curiosity
For partnerships to work, you need to act with conviction. But before you get to conviction, you need to foster curiosity.
You have to be curious enough to ask: "What do my partner's customers' want?"
Put aside your preconceived notions about what you think your partners need, and instead, ask them!
Establish communication with your partners by learning to speak their language.
You might be surprised by the results.
We don't like long fluffy mission statements. We do love short, punchy principles.
These are some of the foundations upon which PartnerHacker operates and that we strive every day to put out into the partner ecosystem.
In true partner fashion, most of these aren't original. These are principles found across the ecosystem.
You'll see quotes from Mario Tarabbia, Jared Fuller, Jill Rowley, Tyler Calder, and Reveal here, but countless other individuals and companies in the partner ecosystem have voiced - and more importantly, lived - these principles as well.
This post is a living, breathing thing, so we may update it from time to time with new principles.
But here they are for now:
- Trust is the new data.
- Partnerships isn't a department.
- The first giver wins.
- Show me you know me.
- Live-In-Market is better than Go-To-Market.
- They're not your accounts.
- Never market alone.
- Customers don't live in funnels.
- Make them famous.
- Those who play together win together.
- Build radical generosity into your culture.
What principles would you add?
- Dec 2 - First Friday - PartnerHacker and Superglue present: The European Partner Moment at 10 AM ET (4 PM France/Germany, 3 PM UK). Register here.
- Dec 7 - Predictions 2023: Channel vs Ecosystem - Justin Zimmerman, Scott Brinker, and Jay McBain will meet up to discuss their partner predictions for 2023. Join them!
Quote of the Day
If you don't nail your messaging, motions, and engagement models, how can you expect your partners to? – Tom Cloos at PL[X]
Share the PhD
Know someone who needs to get their PhD in partnerships? Send ‘em this newsletter.