Is GTM doing a throwback to older forms of coordination and cooperation?
📸 Ademola Adelakun, MBET reminded me of the importance of community when rallying people around the word #nearbound.
It's a fascinating concept.
It strings together the purpose of collaboration and partnerships, which roots back to the origins of neighborhood communities.
Before the rise of big corporations, communities united through common goals as well as meeting the essential needs of others.
We didn't have mega-entities dominating national markets that was a one size fits all approach.
We had privately owned businesses that relied on one another to deliver the respective components of the consumers' needs.
The deli. The baker. The corner grocery store.
Individually they made wonderful things, but specific things.
Together they made sandwiches.
Each a thread in the same string regardless of the color they added to the fabric of neighborhoods and the communities therein.
And this, I believe, is the "nearbound" take on partnerships.
And that is the artistry of adding and working with others in the communities we are trying to build.
Everyone fills a need and contributes from their offering to complete the needs of shared consumers.
How and what can you add to those in your community?
Can we achieve Nearbound again?
Thanks for contributing to this section of the PhD, Jed Karban!
New partner pod episodes
Make Nearbound a word: Day 9
Our Head of Production, Ademola, has been on a quest to get Nearbound into the dictionary.
He's almost there.
Check out his latest struggle to redefine the future of B2B forever.
- Reveal - Australia Partnerships Event - Today! 6PM – Join Reveal's VP of Partnership Activation, Antoine Roubaud, Sally Van der Linden, and Jobadder Partnership Manager Shuba Paheerathan, plus some of Australia's brightest B2B partnership professionals for an evening of learning and networking. Register here.
- Firneo - How to Kick-Ass in Your First Partnerships Role - Wednesday, March 29th, 12 – 1 PM ET – Learn practical, tactical insights to conquer your new role so you can start putting wins on the board immediately. Register here.
- PartnerXperience Partnerships Meetup Berlin March 29th - This event is for Partnership Professionals, who would like to connect, learn and exchange best practices on how to build successful partnerships with other peers. Register here.
- InFUUSE – The Future of Business: Unleashing the Ecosystem Blueprint to Redefine Growth – Thursday, March 30th, 5 PM EST – Join Jared Fuller and an incredible panel of futurists, disruptors, innovators, and dreamers for an electrifying virtual round table to discuss the future of business. Learn why Nearbound is the GTM blueprint. Register here.
- Kiflo Roundtable: Partner Onboarding – Thursday, March 30th, 11 AM CDT – Join Juhi Saha, CEO of Partner1, Jennifer Snyder, Senior Director of Channel Partnerships at Customer.io, and Shawnie Hamer, Head of Marketing & Partner Marketing at Kiflo as they tackle partner onboarding. Register here.
- Generating & MOVING Pipeline with Partners – Thursday, March 30th, 2 PM ET – Cory Synder (from Sendoso) is meeting up with Justin Zimmerman to share how he uses tools like Crossbeam, Reveal, Slack, as well as KPIs he's built to push pipeline & keep aligned with leadership. Register here.
Image of the Day
Pull in some friends!
Share the PhD with a partner friend in need. We'll send you PartnerHacker swag just for sharing!
Enter your email on our referral page to get started.