"Let me know how I can help."
Not a helpful networking question.
95% of the time, it results in no action, but getting specific boosts it greatly.
Try this instead:
"What would make for a good referral from me to you?"
Now you can show value.
Have actionable specifics.
Don't just offer help; take action.
Thanks for contributing to this section of the PhD, Adam Pasch!
It takes time to build partnerships
Building fruitful partnerships takes time.
It takes time to build trust.
It takes a lot of time to really understand what your true joint value proposition and narrative are.
It takes sets and reps.
There's a steep learning curve, but the effects are compounding.
So the more you do it, the more you reinforce the right behaviors.
Partner deal cycles are longer, but they ultimately lead to larger deal sizes.
A PartnerOps dream
Aaron Howerton had a dream - a partner tech dream.
It was a dream in which the software you use layers seamlessly onto every other PartnerOps solution.
It can become a reality if:
- PartnerOps is seen as an integral part of the partner experience.
- The software used to build the experience is considered a product in and of itself.
- The software uses data layers, UI layers, security layers, workflow layers, and engagement layers for org-wide adoption.
- The software is layered on every other solution to solve specific challenges.
Read Aaron's entire partner tech dream here:
- Kixie – Learn from SaaS Founders – Thursday, May 4, 11 AM PT – Join the panel of experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts (including Selling Together Podcast host Jessie Shipman) as they share insights and actionable advice based on their own experiences building and scaling SaaS startups. They'll discuss the most critical elements for SaaS success, including product-market fit, team building, growing your sales pipeline, and more. Register here.
- Lead Forensics x PartnerHacker – Thursday, May 11th 2023, 11:30 EDT, 16:30 GMT – Unlock The Secrets of Partner Marketing with Jared Fuller – Jared Fuller will be diving deep into partner marketing tactics you may not even know you're missing. Register here.
- PartnerHacker x OneFlow – Thursday, May 11th, at 9am EST – Surviving and Thriving in 2023: Unveiling the Secrets to Unbeatable Customer Retention and Win-Back Strategies – Join us for an upcoming live discussion with industry leaders from Oneflow, HubSpot, and Avidly, as we explore the critical roles that customer retention and win-back strategies play in driving business growth in today's uncertain environment. Register here.
Quote of the Day
Nearbound is a GTM strategy that consists of leveraging the full power of your ecosystem: the people and partners closest to your customers. - Jill Rowley
Help a partner pro leverage a Nearbound motion
Send a friend the PhD and get some PartnerHacker swag while you're at it.
Enter your email on our referral page to get started.