Bring 'em to the promised land
If trust comes from helping people reach their promised land, then a good partner… helps.
They don’t give. Giving can be worthless. Trade show trinkets? Who cares.
But helping someone solve a challenge they are facing?
Major deposit in the trust bucket 🪣.
Don’t get me wrong. Helping is hard work. But that’s where the gold is.
Under the shared struggle, the two parties actually form a relationship.
And there is a conscious and unconscious connection that occurs deep in our psychological primitive selves — so deep that many other mammals even share it 🐶 🐒.
The connection tells us: I need this fellow close by because they worked to help me.
They shared in my struggle. But they are good. They helped me through it. I am better because of them, so I better figure out how to keep them around and help them too.
Do you know where this comes from?
Parents or the people who raised us when we couldn’t help ourselves. That’s how deep this goes.
Our first baseline for trust comes from the people who didn’t just give us stuff but lost sleep to care for us when we were sick. Who did the science project until late in the evening with us? Who taught us to read?
The more I grow, the more I throw away complexity in favor of deep seeded truth.
Three ways to get fired this year!
More new pods:
Win back customers during a downturn
PartnerHacker x OneFlow – Thursday, May 11th, at 9 am EST – Surviving and Thriving in 2023: Unveiling the Secrets to Unbeatable Customer Retention and Win-Back Strategies
Join us for an upcoming live discussion with industry leaders from Oneflow, HubSpot, and Avidly, as we explore the critical roles that customer retention and win-back strategies play in driving business growth in today's uncertain environment.
Andrew Thomas, Crevan O'Malley, Jared Fuller, and Gustaf Wibom will lead a conversation about how to turn the vicious cycle into a victorious one.
- Sell Better – Creative Cold Prospecting Strategies for Booking More Meetings – Today, May 4, 1 PM ET — Join Jared Fuller and Leslie Douglas as they teach how to identify network overlap between your peers and current customers to find more opportunities. Register here.
- Kixie – Learn from SaaS Founders – Today, May 4, 11 AM PT – Join the panel of experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts (including Selling Together Podcast host Jessie Shipman) as they share insights and actionable advice based on their own experiences building and scaling SaaS startups. They'll discuss the most critical elements for SaaS success, including product-market fit, team building, growing your sales pipeline, and more. Register here.
- Firneo's Partner School Series – Wednesday, May 10, 12 – 1 PM EST – Navigating the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem with Juhi Saha, CEO of Partner1 and former Managing Director at Microsoft – Join a conversation with Juhi Saha, CEO of Partner1 and former Managing Director at Microsoft as she shares the insider secrets of how to effectively navigate the Microsoft partner ecosystem. Register here.
- Lead Forensics x PartnerHacker – Thursday, May 11 th 2023, 11:30 EDT, 16:30 GMT – Unlock The Secrets of Partner Marketing with Jared Fuller – Jared Fuller will be diving deep into partner marketing tactics you may not even know you're missing. Register here.
- PartnerHacker x OneFlow – Thursday, May 11th, at 9 am EST – Surviving and Thriving in 2023: Unveiling the Secrets to Unbeatable Customer Retention and Win-Back Strategies – Join us for an upcoming live discussion with industry leaders from Oneflow, HubSpot, and Avidly, as we explore the critical roles that customer retention and win-back strategies play in driving business growth in today's uncertain environment. Register here.
Quote of the Day
Scale with one partner, then figure out how to do that with 10 different partners. If you can become a feature on the landscape – you now represent the whole mountain range. – Blake Williams on PartnerUp 106
Share the PhD with someone you trust
Get some PartnerHacker swag just for sharing the PhD. Send it to someone in your circle of trust.
Enter your email on our referral page to get started.