Take action on partnerships
This should keep Partner Managers up at night and jolt them into action.
Without active orchestration by a PM [the partnership] quickly grows stale and dissolves when priorities shift."- Franz-Josef Schrepf
The clock is ticking after the partnership agreement is signed.
It was a big enough priority for them to take that first action.
But now you have to radiate that to build deep relationships and collaboration between the 2 teams.
If not, you are doomed to the 80% of partnerships that never deliver
Thanks for contributing to this section of the PhD, Adam Pasch!
Is the 80/20 rule BS?
Will Taylor provoked a heated debate last week with a post about the Pareto principle.
I see partner managers who look at their partners and think the 80% of partners who aren’t engaging is normal.
“It’s the 80/20 RULE.”
But that shouldn’t be acceptable. 🙅
Even if there’s a pattern for 80/20, it doesn’t HELP a partner manager to be effective in their role and it doesn’t help the business generate revenue.
💡Here’s my question to every partner manager out there:
🧐Are you still recruiting partners when you have 80% that are not performing?
🧐If not, what are the creative ways you’re incentivizing your existing partners?
Franz-Josef Schrepf shot back with:
And Jared Robin replied:
What do you think? Does the 80/20 rule keep you from engaging with partners who aren't performing? Join the conversation.
Successful partnership = repeated daily effort
A successful partnership doesn’t come from a piece of paper, nor a well executed kickoff call. It’s the result of hundreds of great relationships. – Rob Rebholz
In episode 15 of Selling Together, Rob shares how partnerships are formed through repeated daily effort.
Just because you signed an agreement doesn't mean the work is over.
In fact, the work has just begun.
Subscribe to the Selling Together newsletter to get the latest episode in your inbox.
- Today, 1 PM EDT – AntiConLX – A deep-dive into the hottest trends and insights in martech, salestech, ad tech, and nexttech. Jared Fuller and Jill Rowley will be talking about enhancing your GTM strategy through the power of partnerships and ecosystems Register here
- May 24, 12 PM ET – Firneo’s Partner School Series: WTF is an Ecosystem? Allan Adler from Digital Bridge Partners will join Firneo to share his insights on building a kickass partner ecosystem. Register here.
- June 1, 1 PM ET – PartnerHacker x Magentrix – How We Incentivized Resellers to Grow Our Program by 26%. Register here.
- June 5, 1 PM ET – RevGenius x PartnerHacker. Discover the strategies, including the combination of content and community, the significance of storytelling over numbers, and the paradigm shift from the “how” to the “who” economy. Register here.
- June 15, 12 PM ET – No B.S. Guide to Co-Selling Millions with Partners (from partnership people who’ve really done it). Chris Lavoie, Rob Rebholz, and Justin Zimmerman will share the real-world sh*t that works. Register here.
- June 27, 17:00 - 21:00 CET – Partnership Leaders x Reveal: Elevation Tour - Europe – Aircall's Office, 11 Rue Saint-Georges, 75009 Paris, France. Register here.
Image of the Day
Help other partner pros be a 20-percenter, share the PhD
Share the PhD and get some PartnerHacker swag.
Enter your email on our referral page to get started.