A quick recap of the PhD from this week:
- Recession Be Damned
- What If You Didn't Have a Budget?
- Partnerships Hold the Most Valuable Real Estate
- Security and Stability
- Journey to the Promised Land
- PartnerUp #093 - 7 Pleas for 2023
- Howdy Partners #17: Living in the Ecosystem
- How to Gain Cross-Department Buy-in to Partnerships by Justin Graci
- How Lack of Partnerships Caused Travel Chaos for Southwest
- The Most Valuable Digital Real Estate is Now Covered in Partners
- Leverage Your Partners' Sales Funnel to Acquire New Customers by Alex Richards
- The Partner Experience Weekly: Show Me the Money by Aaron Howerton
Take partnerships to a new level
There are some good things about a tough market.
It helps us see what's actually creating value. When the money is flowing, it's hard to tell what's working. Everything seems to work. But when the tide goes out, you can see who doesn't have their pants on.
We can focus more energy on the stuff that's real and valuable once we see more clearly what it is.
Resource constraints also force us to focus on what we do uniquely well, and partnerup on the rest. Better to whole-ass one thing than half-ass a bunch of things.
But customers still need lots of problems solved, and they are looking for ways to solve them with fewer products.
That means the best bet is to whole-ass the thing you're best at and partner with those who can whole-ass the rest. Deep integrations. Embedded partnerships. Joint GTM. Focus on Nearbound leads. Etc.
Let's be real about the hardships. Let's look them in the face. And let's focus on what we can control and get to work.